July 31, 2013

Waiting On: Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian (29)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn #2)
Author: Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
Release Date: August 13th, 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Lillia, Kat, and Mary had the perfect plan. Work together in secret to take down the people who wronged them. But things didn’t exactly go the way they’d hoped at the Homecoming Dance.

Not even close.

For now, it looks like they got away with it. All they have to do is move on and pick up the pieces, forget there ever was a pact. But it’s not easy, not when Reeve is still a total jerk and Rennie’s meaner than she ever was before.

And then there’s sweet little Mary…she knows there’s something seriously wrong with her. If she can’t control her anger, she’s sure that someone will get hurt even worse than Reeve was. Mary understands now that it’s not just that Reeve bullied her—it’s that he made her love him.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, burn for a burn. A broken heart for a broken heart. The girls are up to the task. They’ll make Reeve fall in love with Lillia and then they will crush him. It’s the only way he’ll learn.

It seems once a fire is lit, the only thing you can do is let it burn...


[Summary Source: Goodreads]
I definitely enjoyed the first book in this series. From the way the summary sounds, it looks like book two will dig a bit deeper into this paranormal aspect, which I'm interested in. I might not be so big on paranormal, but my real issue with book one was that it only sort of touched on the paranormal and didn't really go into it. I'm more of an all-in kinda gal. So. Fire with Fire. Let's go all in, shall we?

I'm REALLY excited for the second book of this series to come out. Mostly because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. Do you ever feel like that? All the time? How about for this series? Let me know in the comments below!

13 comments:

  1. I have not checked out this series yet. But I can tell it would be great due to the five-star reviews I've read. Great pick!

    Holly @ Absorbing the Content

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this series, but I'm a big fan of Jenny Han, so I have to look into it. Thanks for passing this on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burn for Burn ended on a crazy cliffhanger which I wasn't too excited about but this one makes me very interested in how the series will progress.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read book one but I'd love to read both of them. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I was one of the few that wasn't crazy about Burn for Burn I do eagerly await this one in hopes the first was just a set-up/fluke because I love these two authors.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Burn for Burn yet, but I am interested in reading it, so I'll have to check it out soon so I can read this one too.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-60-frozen.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! Enjoy your reads ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I snagged Fire with Fire at BEA, and I've got Burn For Burn on my Kindle. Still need to read both, though. :)

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of this series before. Will have to check it out! Thanks for sharing with us ;)

      Mikki @A Bookish Escape

      My WOW:http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

      Delete
  10. I have heard GOOD things about this second installment! It seems long, but apparently, it's very, very addictive! Can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!