August 25, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 17

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • "My Mother, the Fiend"
  • "One Angry Veronica"
And for NEXT WEEK:
  • "Donut Run"
  • "Rashard and Wallace Go to White Castle"

Now. Onto words you guys care about.

THE NOIR
In the first episode, Veronica gets caught with the all of the keys to all of the locks in the school office. Therefore she is given detention. It is in detention that she finds her mom's old file, finds out her mom got into big trouble back in the day and decides to find out why (since her mom's file's been redacted). Basically, the whole thing starts because Veronica wants to know what kind of person her mom is and ends because everything leads to Trina being Celeste Kane's bastard child she abandoned on prom night and Veronica wants to humiliate Celeste.

Seriously, Veronica, listened to the animated Disney character.
Too bad Trina's really the child of the deaf lunch lady (who was a student with Veronica's mom back in the day) and the principal of the school. Oh, and Veronica's mom was actually friends with the lunch lady. Everything just messed up. Of course, at the end of the episode, we find out Mr. Clemmons set Veronica on the train so he could be promoted. SNEAKY, MR. CLEMMONS. VERY SNEAKY.


Although, none of this really has much to do with the bus crash, until the end of the episode when Veronica sneaks into Meg's room on the way to pick up the dead Abel Koontz's stuff. She slips in, sees that Meg is PREGNANT and then Meg wakes up.

Pretty eventful night, I'd say.

In the second episode, the big mystery is who stole the Lilly Kane/Aaron Echolls sex tapes. This mystery made me so sad, I'd just like to never speak of it every again and just hug Leo and Logan until the end of time.

PARENTAL PROBLEMS
Meg's awake. Duncan's the dad. Which is basically why Meg was such a jerk to Veronica at the start of the season. I can't really blame her. Anyway, now that we know how TERRIBLE Meg's parents are, I'm suddenly terrified for this baby. My terror multiplies by a trillion when Meg dies at the end of the episode.

I know, crazy, right?
So, like, Meg's parents are horrible, Duncan's parents are horrible, Meg's dead and Duncan's underage and his parents are undergoing legal troubles of their own. I really can't see this going very well.

Also, why does everyone in this show have terrible parents? Veronica's mom, Wallace's whole family situation is a mess, both of Logan's parents... I feel like Veronica should SHUT UP and just be grateful she has Keith.

LOGAN'S LIFE
I cry and cry and cry for this boy. Okay, he bought the tapes, but he wasn't the reason they were stolen in the first place. I'm mad at Leo because, well, DUH. But can you really blame Logan for wanting to stop it? I suppose he could have just turned Leo in, but Logan's more of a doer than a thinker. Not that I can blame him so much. LOOK AT HIS LIFE. What a mess.

THE BOYS

  • Duncan: Ugh. Gross. You got Meg pregnant, knew but didn't tell Veronica and you also apparently cheated on Veronica with Kendall. I so want you out of my life you gross, gross boy.
  • Wallace: YOU CAME BACK. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING BACK WALLYBEAR.
  • Logan: *pets*
  • Leo: Oh Leo. *sighs sadly*
  • Weevil: I like that Weevil and Logan are in cahoots now. It's fun.

FUN FACTS
Now that I've started watching New Girl, I can no longer see Leo as Leo. He will forever and always be Schmidt. It's terrible for my love of Veronica Mars, but amazing in general, so I'll take it. 

As usual, I want Duncan gone and Logan in the spotlight. Instead I lose Leo. How is this even fair? Where is the justice, Rob Thomas? And Meg? Seriously. Justice. Where? Be sure to talk to me about your feels in the comments below!

**ONE LAST REMINDER**
NEXT WEEK:

  • "Donut Run"
  • "Rashard and Wallace Go to White Castle"

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Man I love Veronica Mars. It is THE BEST. How excited are you for the movie???

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're almost up to Donut Run! I LOVE that episode. You know why, of course. Bloody Donut.

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAN <3

    I also see Leo as Schmidt. He's just always Schmidt. Because that role is perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!