June 12, 2014

Epic Recs: June

Feature created by Amber and Judith, Graphic created by Judith

As many of you already know, Lisa and I are perfect Epic Recs partners. According to Lisa, we should win a prize. Or laugh at other Epic Recs partners from the top of Epic Recs Mountain (this is definitely a thing). And while I am a bit more modest, Lisa is definitely right - we win, we're amazing and brilliant. (So, really, I'm not at all modest, Lisa and I are just both equally absurd when it comes to superficial, joke bragging. And we love each other.)

But, seriously, it's time for June Recs. Are you ready to see what we're rec'ing each other this month?


I picked THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE by Jennifer E. Smith for Lisa. If you want the deets on why I picked that particular book for the lady, you'll have to go check out her blog.

And here's why Lisa's rec'ing WANDERLOVE by Kirsten Hubbard:

"Here's why I recommended WANDERLOVE to Gaby - IT RULZ. Honestly, have you read it? She wanted something summery/beach read without tears or too many intense feels. Which is basically WANDERLOVE in a nutshell! Bria is traveling abroad for the summer and meets super cool people and discovers that she is also a super cool person and it's just wonderful. The traveling screams beach read while the self discovery and character growth is worthy of a reader like Gaby."

I also don't know if Lisa know this, but I love to travel. Love. To. Travel. Which is why I bought this book. I just haven't gotten around to it. Partially because I know this one takes place in Central America and I'm partial to European travel - but a girl's gotta branch out sometime, right?

So. Have you read either of these? Do you have any thoughts for Lisa and I pre-reading? Let me/us know in the comments below!